Creating animations with SOLIDWORKS Composer
In less than 30 minutes, you'll learn how to use the timeline in SOLIDWORKS Composer to create animations of your CAD models. We'll show you how to work with the key track to create interactive content, explode your model using the transformation tools, and add some quick special effects to enhance your output!
With its easy-to-use product approach, SOLIDWORKS Composer Technical Communication Softwarestreamlines the creation of 2D and 3D graphical contents for product communication and technical illustrations.
SOLIDWORKS Composer allows non-technical users to create associative 2D and 3D product communication deliverables directly from your 3D CAD data. By leveraging existing product designs, SOLIDWORKS Composer enables deliverables to be initiated earlier and then kept up to date automatically, helping to lower costs and speed time to market.
3D interactive animations, 2D line art images (SVG, EPS, CGM), as well as high-resolution raster images (BMP, JPG, PNG, and TIF files), can be created easily earlier in the design process.
SOLIDWORKS® Inspection CAD Design Software helps you streamline the creation of inspection documents by leveraging your existing 2D legacy data, regardless of whether files are SOLIDWORKS, PDFs, or TIFFs.
- Quickly create ballooned engineering drawings and inspection reports with stand-alone SOLIDWORKS Inspection or the SOLIDWORKS Inspection add-in
- Automatically add balloon callouts with Inspection Dimensions specified by the designer or mechanical engineer
- Compare drawing revisions and originals to quickly identify changes
- Record inspection measurements and import CMM results
- Export finished ballooned drawings as a PDF and inspection sheets to Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets using standard templates such as AS9102 or PPAP forms.
SOLIDWORKS MBD (Model Based Definition) is an integrated drawingless manufacturing solution for SOLIDWORKS. SOLIDWORKS MBD guides the manufacturing process directly in 3D instead of using traditional 2D drawings, which helps streamline production, cut cycle time, reduce errors, and support industry standards.
- Define 3D Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) such as dimensions, tolerances, model data, surface finish, weld symbols, Bill-of-Materials (BOM), tables, notes, and other annotations.
- Organize 3D PMI along with the 3D models in a clean, structured, and easy-to-search fashion.
- Customize 3D output templates for multiple deliverables [such as engineering drawings and request for quote (RFQ)], and departments [such as Operations, Manufacturing, QA, and Procurement].
- Publish 3D data and PMI in industry standard file formats, such as 3D PDF and eDrawings®.
- Support industry standards, such as Military-Standard-31000A, ASME Y14.41, ISO 16792, and DIN ISO 16792.
- Share and archive 3D data directly to free time for you and your suppliers for re-modeling based on 2D drawings.